Welcome to You if You’re New to My Community – You’re in the Right Place!
This weekend I hosted a private Retreat for two of my clients here in Santa Barbara. The weather was nearly perfect (some high winds passing through) and we were all satisfied with what we were able to accomplish during our three days together. It turns out there may be a formula, or at least a blueprint for online entrepreneurship after all.
My clients live in a rural area in New Jersey now, after spending most of their married life in Las Vegas. They both retired during 2012 at the age of 62. They were hoping to live off the retirement investments they had been making over the previous thirty years. But there was one problem…the Great Recession of 2008 had taken its toll and their savings had dwindled down to next to nothing.
In 2014 they relocated to New Jersey to live with their son and daughter-in-law and started working as substitute teachers. This was exhausting and they found the schools to be filled with “clicks” and the union to be less than honorable. I had similar experiences while working as a teacher for twenty years in Los Angeles.
Last year they came to me to learn how to earn an income online. They work hard and have created half a dozen products, two courses, and a membership site in their niche. We took a closer look at what it takes to get started as an online entrepreneur and how to ramp up your earnings once you have laid the foundation.
1) What’s for sale? Ask yourself this question every day. Do not let a month go by without adding a new product in your business.
2) Use PLR (private label rights) content to create your first, or next products. I’m doing that this month and continue to find this to be the fastest way for me to add new products to my inventory. These are my recommendations today:
3) Connecting with others is crucial to our success online. We must choose a few people to connect with and let it build to more over time. I recommended Angela Wills to my clients and she has a brand new live training coming up next week. Whether you attend live or watch in replay mode, this gives you access to people who are link-minded in terms of success. I’ll be there!
Angela’s “Ideas to Offers Workshop” is $17 at:
4) Start a free or low cost ($5 to $10 a month) membership site on your topic. Give members everything you’ve got in terms of your time, nurturing, and expertise and they will become your raving, super fans. Once you have proven yourself you may increase the price and be more strategic with your goals. I recommend:
connieLoves.me/Membercome – this is from Dennis Becker and $14.97 this week.
5) Spend at least twenty minutes EACH DAY thinking about your business plans and goals. If you’re already looking for ways to get away from your business, this probably isn’t for you. On the other hand, if you wake up excited by the ideas that are coming (more…)